How to create QR code in Word document?
Have you ever tried to create QR code in a Word document? This article, I will talk about inserting the QR codes based on the information you need quickly and easily in a Word file.
The normally Mail Merge feature in Word document can help you to create the QR codes as you need, please do with the following steps:
1. First, you should create the data information in an Excel workbook that you want to insert QR codes into Word document, see screenshot:
2. Save and close the Excel file. Then, open the Word document where you want to insert the QR code, and then, click Mailings > Select Recipients > Use an Existing List, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Data Source window, please choose the Excel file that contains the information you need to create QR codes based on, see screenshot:
4. Click Open button, and in the Select Table dialog box, select the sheet contains the information you want to use, and then, click OK button, see screenshot:
5. Now, in the Word document, click Rules > Next Record under the Mailing tab to insert the next record rule before each label of the product list, see screenshot:
6. And then, click where you want to insert the QR code, and press Ctrl +F9 keys to insert a pair of field braces, then, enter this text: MERGEBARCODE URL QR between the braces, see screenshot:
Note: URL is the column header from the Excel file that you want to create the QR codes based on. You should change it to your need.
7. And then, right click this field code, and select Update Field from the context menu, see screenshot:
8. Then, please repeat the step 6-step 7 to insert all the field codes as following screenshot shown:
9. At last, click Preview Results under the Mailing tab, and all the field codes have been displayed as QR codes, see screenshot:
Tips: You can also change the size and color of the QR codes, please do as this:
1. Right click the QR code, and choose Edit Barcode, see screenshot:
2. In the Select a Field and a Barcode Type dialog box, click Advanced button, and in the Advanced option dialog box, specify the size and color you need, see screenshot:
3. And then, click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the QR code has been formatted as you need.
Maybe the above method is troublesome for most of the users, here, I will introduce a powerful feature, Kutools for Word's QR Code, with this utility, you can quickly insert QR code based on any given data.
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as this:
1. Click where you want to insert the QR code, and then click Kutools > Barcode > QR Code, see screenshot:
2. In the Insert QR Code dialog box, please do the following operations:
- Select the one type of the QR code you need from the Type drop down list and specify the size for the QR code;
- Then, enter the data you want to create QR code based on into the QR Code Data box;
- If you want to insert a logo into the QR code, please check Generate Logo QR code and select the logo you need.
3. And then, click Insert button, the QR code has been inserted into the document as you need, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.