How to save current or each page as separate Word document?
If there are multiple pages in your Word document, now, you just need to save only one current page as a new Word file. Normally, you can copy and paste the current page data to a new Word file and then save it. But, in this article I will talk about how to save current or each page as separate documents from a Word file.
Save each page of a Word document into separate files :
With Kutools for Word's Split feature, you can quickly save a large Word document into multiple separate files based on Heading1, page break, section break and page.
Kutools for Word: with more than 100 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Click to Download and free trial Now!
The following VBA code can help you to save a current page content into a new Word file, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Save current page as new Word document:
Sub SaveCurrentPageAsANewDoc() Dim xDoc As Document Dim xNewDoc As Document Dim xFileName As String Dim xFolderPath As Variant Dim xDlg As FileDialog Set xDoc = ActiveDocument xFileName = InputBox("Enter file name here: ", "KuTools for Word") If xFileName = "" Then Exit Sub Set xDlg = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) If xDlg.Show = -1 Then xFolderPath = xDlg.SelectedItems(1) xDoc.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Select Selection.Copy Set xNewDoc = Documents.Add Selection.Paste xNewDoc.SaveAs xFolderPath & "\" & xFileName & ".docx" xNewDoc.Close End If End Sub
3. And then, press F5 key to run this code, in the popped out dialog box, please enter a name for the new file, see screenshot:
4. Then, click OK button, and in the second popped out window, please choose a folder to output the new file, see screenshot:
5. Click OK button, the current page content has been saved as a new Word file, you can go to the folder to view the result.
If you want to save each page of the whole document as separate files, the Kutools for Word’s Split function can do you a favor.
|Kutools for Word : with more than 100 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do with following steps:
1. Click Enterprise > Split, see screenshot:
2. In the Split Document dialog box:
(1.) Click button to choose a folder to output the new files;
(2.) And then, select Page from the Split by drop down list.
3. After finishing the settings, click OK button to start splitting, and then, all the pages in the Word document have been saved as separate files in the specific folder as following screenshot shown:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...