How to convert a list to table or vice versa in Word document?
In this article, I introduce the methods on converting a list to a table or convert a table to a list as below screenshot shown.
Quickly transpose Cross table to list or vice versa
|While you receiving a sheet with cross table which you need to convert to list table, how can you quickly deal with it? With Kutools fro Excel's Transpose Table Dimensions utility, you can convert cross dimensions table to three demensions table or vice versa as quickly as you can. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
To convert a list to table, there is a built-in function called Convert Text to Table in Word.
1. Type Tab key to separate the texts which you want to place in different columns in table, use Enter key to separate texts to different rows.
2. Then select the texts you need, click Insert > Table > Convert Text to Table.
3. In the Convert Text to Table dialog, check Tabs option in Separate text at section.
4. Click OK. The text list is converted to a table.
If you want to convert a table to a list with delimiter, you have two methods can handle the job.
Method 1 Convert to Text
1. Place cursor at the table you want to convert to text list, in Table Tools group, click Layout > Convert to Text.
2. In the Convert Table to Text dialog, check or specify the separator as you need.
3. Click OK. Then the table has been converted to a list and separated by delimiter.
Method 2 Tables to Text
If you have Kutools for Word installed, you can use the Table to Text utility to deal with this job.
|Kutools for Word, with more than 100 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents/Excel workbooks as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents or Excel workbooks in one Word window or Excel window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...