How to quickly compare two word documents and highlight the differences?
Comparing two Word documents for differences may be a tedious job especially in two long documents, but, Word provides a powerful feature for us to finish this word quickly and easily. This article, I will introduce this useful function in Word.
If you are familiar with the Word application, the Compare feature in Word can do you a favor, please do with the following step by step:
1. Open a blank document, and then click Review > Compare > Compare, see screenshot:
2. In the popped out Compare Documents dialog box, click button to select the two Word documents that you want to compare from the Original document and Revised document separately, see screenshot:
3. Then, click More button to expand this dialog, and in the expanded dialog box, specify the Comparison settings and Show changes as you need, see screenshot:
4. After finishing the settings, click OK button.
5. Now, you can see a new Compared Document is created for showing and highlighting the differences between the two specific files, and in left pane, all revisions are list, as well the two specified documents are displayed in small panes in right part, see screenshot:
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019