Insert watermark on certain pages instead of all pages in Word document
By default, watermark is applied to all pages in a Word document. If you only want to insert watermark on certain pages in a Word document, methods in this article will do you a favor.
You can easily insert a watermark on certain pages in a Word document with following steps:
Office Tab: Brings tabbed interfaces to Word, Excel, PowerPoint...
Go to the page you will apply the watermark, click Watermark under the Design tab, right click on the watermark, and select Insert at Current Document Position from the context menu. See screenshot:
Now the selected watermark is inserted on the current page immediately.
If you want to only insert a customized watermark on certain pages instead of all pages in a Word document, please do as follows.
Step 1: Create a customized image or text watermark and insert on all pages
- Firstly you need to create the watermark you need and save it to the Watermark Gallery. Click Design > Watermark > Custom Watermark. See screenshot:
- In the Printed Watermark dialog, customize your own watermark.
- To create a customized picture watermark, select the Picture watermark option, choose the picture you need and click the OK button.
- To create a customized text watermark, select the Text watermark option, configure the appropriate drop-down lists and then click the OK button.
Now the customized watermark is inserted on all pages of the current document.
Step 2: Save the custom watermark to watermark gallery
- Now you need to double click the document header section to get into the header edit mode, and then click to select the custom watermark on any page. See screenshot:
- After selecting the watermark, click Design > Watermark > Save Selection to Watermark Gallery. See screenshot:
- In the popping up Crete New Building Block dialog box, give a name to this watermark and click the OK button.
Step 3: Close the Header and Footer tool and remove watermarks from all pages
- Go to the Headers & Footers Tools tab, click the Close Header and Footer button.
- Now you need to click Design > Watermark > Remove Watermark to remove the custom watermark from all pages of the current document.
Step 4: Insert the custom watermark on a specified page
- Click on the page where you want to insert the custom watermark, select Design > Watermark, scroll down to the General group (where the custom picture watermarks and the text watermarks will be saved), right click the custom watermark you want to insert, and then select Insert at Current Document Position from the context menu. See screenshot:
Then a custom watermark is inserted on the currently seledted page at once.
- Remove a watermark from one certain page in a Word document
- Place watermarks in a vertical position in Word document
- Copy watermark from one Word document to anther
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.