How to remove all footnotes quickly in Word?
Footnotes are used for detail comments in printed documents, and it consists of two parts- the note reference mark and the corresponding note text. Microsoft Office Word always places footnotes at the end of each page. Many users are wondering how to remove footnote or remove which part of footnote. This tutorial will show you the different ways to remove the footnotes from document.
When you want to remove the footnotes manually in Word, you need to work with the note reference mark in document window not the text in the note. What is the note reference mark? See the following figure:
To remove footnotes from document manually, do the following steps:
Step 1: Select the note reference mark of footnote that you want to remove;
Step 2: Press Delete.
Obviously, remove footnote manually is not difficult. But what if there are many footnotes in the document and you want remove them all? Then manually remove will be tedious and time consuming.
Find and Replace function can remove all footnotes from document easier and free user from one by one operation. Find and Replace function remove footnotes, as follows:
Step 1: Select the Replace button from the Editing section of the Home ribbon;
Step 2: Place the cursor in the Find What box, and select Footnote Mark from the Special drop down list (or type “^f” into the Find What box);
Step 3: Click the Replace All button.
Find and Replace function does well in removing all footnotes comparing with manually operation.
Kutools for Word provides the easiest and fastest way to remove footnotes. You can remove all the footnotes from a part of document or the whole document.
|Kutools for Word, with groups of handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Word Now!)
Click Kutools > More > Remove Footnotes from drop down list.
Then a dialog pops out to remind you ensure remove all footnotes from the whole document. Click Yes to go on removing footnotes, click No to cancel.
If you want to remove footnotes from part of documen, select the part, then apply Remove Footnotes.
Easily Split one word document into multiple
|Generally, we use copy and paste to split a Word document one by one, but the Split Documnet utility can split a Word document based on page, heading1, page break or section break, which will improve the work efficience . Click for full-featured free trial in 60 days!|
| Kutools for Word: with hundreds handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. |
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI wish this would work to delete separators. I've followed all the instructions but they won't delete. I have a MacBook Pro, Yosemite 10.10. Nothing I've found so far works and I have to submit a paper.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoBut how to remove the separators in Word 2011 for Mac? Following all the instructions but they won't delete.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks! Was useful for me. :)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoMuch obliged pal...Thank you so much for this great tip!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThank you. Worked great.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThank you so much, this tutorial helped me lot...