How to remove all frames in Word?
Frames are used to position text or graphics that contain certain items. How to insert frames into Word document? But sometimes frames make the document hard to edit because all text are placed inside frames. How to easy remove frames from document in Word?
- Manually remove frames from document one by one
- Remove all frames from document with VBA code
- Remove all frames from document in one click with Kutools for Word
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Users can manually remove a single frame by the Format Frame feature in Word. Please do as follows:
1. Select the frame you want to remove, right click, and select Format Frame from the context menu.
2: In the popping out Frame dialog, please click the Remove Frame button.
Now the currently selected frame is removed at once.
VBA code can quickly remove all frames from the whole Word document in bulk. Please do as follows:
1. Press Alt+F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and then paste below VBA code into the new opening module window.
The VBA code to remove all frames:
Sub RemoveFrames() Dim frm As Frame For Each frm In ActiveDocument.Frames frm.Delete Next frm End Sub
3. Click Run button or press F5 to apply the VBA.
Now all frames are removed from the current Word document in bulk immediately.
If you have Kutools for Word installed, you can apply its Remove Frames feature to quickly remove all frames in a certain selection or the whole document in bulk with only one click. Please do as follows:
Just click Kutools > Remove > Remove Frames, and all frames will be removed from the whole document immediately. See screenshot:
If you want to remove all frames from a certain selection, please select the part of document firstly, and then click click Kutools > Remove > Remove Frames.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agodoes anyone know a way to undo the VBA change suggested?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWorked great for my 40-page doc. Thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHi,
This would be great if it worked for me! I've got a 13 page document with a 7 page table in a frame. I can't get this to work. I get run time error 4605. When I choose debug, it says the line frm.Delete is the problem.
Any idea what my problem is? I'd really rather not have to reconstruct this table.
How do tables get stuck in frames anyway? It makes the table difficult to work with and doesn't seem to serve any purpose.
Thanks so much,
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI've had frames popping up into my documents for the last several weeks, just randomly. The template that my documents are based off do not use frames, but somehow they're showing up. I'm trying to run this macro but continue to get an error if there is any text in between the different frames. Anyone know why? Either why they're now showing up or why the code won't work?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoReally Worked thanks :-)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoVery cool solution! Saved me a lot of time and effort. Thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoHi,
Will this tool remove the frames from word document without messing up with the formatting. I used many tools to remove frames which contained text inside them.
They were all able to remove the frames and take out the text but formatting was gone and had to do the formatting all over again.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoNo it doesnt seem to keep formatting. All formatting is gone :(
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThanks a lot..........
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoIts really awesome within a second. Game over...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agocan i foward to you the document to remove the frames for me.