How to insert, remove and list all hyperlinks of current document in Word?
As the table above shown obviously, Kutools not only contains the features MS Word does, but also can accomplish the task witch MS Word can’t.
Kutools provides tool sets to gather the similar functions together, easy to get and easy to use. The function of hyperlink in Kutools as the following figure show:
Insert hyperlinks to document in Word
1. You can insert Hyperlink by clicking Insert > Hyperlink. See screenshot:
Besides, you can highlight the text and then right click to select Hyperlink… option from the list. See screenshot:
After clicking Hyperlink, there will display an Insert Hyperlink dialog. Manage your hyperlink and then click OK.
Inert hyperlinks to document with Kutools for Word
With Kutools for Word, you can insert hyperlink by clicking Enterprise > Hyperlink / Create. See screenshot:
Hyperlink utility of Kutools for Word calls the embedded hyperlink function of Word to insert hyperlinks. It’s good for the users which are familiar with the hyperlink function of Word. And Kutools put it into a tool set with other hyperlink functions to make it more convenient to use.
Create utility of Kutools for Word can quickly insert same hyperlink to the same existing key word in whole document.
After clicking Create, there will be a Hyperlink Maker dialog popping up. You can create multiple hyperlinks by inserting same address to all same texts in Word by using this Create utility.
For more details, please visit: create multiple hyperlinks feature description.
Remove all hyperlinks from document with Shortcut
Select the texts which contain hyperlinks, and press Ctrl+Shift+F9.
Remove all hyperlinks from document with VBA code
1. Press Alt+F11 to open VBA Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. select Module from Insert group, then copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window.
3. press F5 or click Run button to apply VBA.
The VBA code to remove all hyperlinks:
Dim oField As Field
For Each oField In ActiveDocument.Fields
If oField.Type = wdFieldHyperlink Then
Set oField = Nothing
Remove all hyperlinks with Kutools for Word
With Kutools for Word, you don’t have to remember VBA code or shortcut, you just need one click and all the undesired hyperlinks will be removed.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Enterprise > Remove. See screenshot:
2. After clicking Remove, the remove dialog pop up. If you want to delete all hyperlinks with footnotes and endnotes, check Include Footnote and Include Endnote boxes, if not, uncheck them. Finally click OK.
3. You will see all hyperlinks are removed from the document. See screenshot:
Note: Remove hyperlinks utility of Kutools for Word can not only remove all hyperlinks from the whole document but also remove all hyperlinks from the selected part of the document.
For more detailed information about Remove utility of Kutools for Word, please visit: Remove hyperlinks feature description.
1. To enable this utility by clicking Enterprise > Hyperlinks Manager. See screenshot:
2. The list box list all hyperlinks of current document, you can see them clearly. When you click on the hyperlink in the Hyperlink Manager, it will navigate to the position of the hyperlink immediately.
The list box list all the hyperlinks of current document, you can see them clearly. And you can edit hyperlinks in the editing pane down to the list box. For more information about list and edit hyperlinks, please visit: How to list and edit all hyperlinks in Word.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...