How to update or refresh caption numbers in Word?
Caption numbers will be out of order, if we move captions or deleting them throughout the editing process. Then we have to correct the caption numbers. How can we update or refresh the caption n umbers at once？Here are some simple and useful tips for updating or refreshing the caption numbers in Word.
It is very easy to use short-cuts to handle this problem. But you have to remember to do it.
Step 1:Press Ctrl-A to select all the text in the document.
Step 2:Press F9
All the caption numbers will be updated.
Alternatively, we can use VBA code to update or refresh the caption numbers. You can follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Press “Alt-F11” to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window;
Step 2: Click Module on the Insert tab, copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window;
Step 3: Then click Run button to apply the VBA.
The VBA code of updating or refreshing the caption numbers:
Dim oStory As Range
Dim oField As Field
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
For Each oField In oStory.Fields
Though the methods above are not very difficult to update or refresh caption numbers, here is the easiest way for you to update or refresh caption. That is Kutools for Word. After you have installed Kutools for Word, you can update or refresh caption numbers with one click.
|Kutools for Word, with more than 100 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Word Now!)
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools Plus > Refresh in the Captions group. See screenshot:
2. After you clicking Refresh button, you will see all caption numbers are updated. See screenshots:
Easily Split one word document into multiple
|Generally, we use copy and paste to split a Word document one by one, but the Split Documnet utility can split a Word document based on page, heading1, page break or section break, which will improve the work efficience . Click for 100 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Word: with hundreds handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 100 days.|
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...