Word AutoCorrect can help quickly detect and correct thousands of typos, misspelled words, and incorrect capitalization in Microsoft word. You can also easily customize the autocorrect entries according to your need. When you need to export and import all the autocorrect entries for transferring to another computer. This tutorial will introduce you the following methods to quickly export and import AutoCorrect entries in Microsoft Word.
To manually move AutoCorrect entries that are stored in the default template file from one computer to another computer, follow these steps:
1. Exit or close all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel…) on your computer.
2. On the computer, copy the Normal.dotm file to an intermediate location that the destination computer can access. The Normal .dotm file locate the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
3. On the destination computer, locate the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. Rename the Normal.dotm file to Normal.bak to back up it. To do this, follow these steps:
a.Right-click Normal.dotm, and then click Rename.
b.Type Normal.bak, and then press ENTER.
4. Exit all Office programs on the destination computer. Copy the Normal.dotm file (AutoCorrect entries) from the intermediate location, and then paste the Normal.dotm file to the following folder on destination computer: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
Note: Some examples of intermediate locations that the destination computer can access include an e-mail account, a floppy disk, or a CD. This method is mainly for formatted AutoCorrect entries.
The method above needs a few steps. Is there an easier way to export and import AutoCorrect entries? Kutools for Word is your best choice. After you have installed Kutools for Word, you can easily and quickly export and import AutoCorrect entries.
|Kutools for Word : with more than 100 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
Export the Auto Correct file to a specific folder:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Import / Export > Auto Correct to export the AutoCorrect entries. See screenshot:
2. Select the entries you want to export then click Export to export the files to a folder of an intermediate location that the destination computer can access.See screenshot:
3. And then, the auto correct files you selected have been exported to a sepcific folder, see screenshot:
Import the Auto Correct file to a specific computor:
To import the Auto correct files into another computor, you just need to copy the exported files, and then do with the following steps:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Import / Export > Auto Correct to import the AutoCorrect entries.
2. In the Auto Correct dialog box, click Import button, and choose the folder contains the exported auto correct files, and then all the auto correct files have been imported into this Auto Correct feature, see screesnhot:
3. Now, you have transferred the Autocorrect entries to another machine successfully. What’s more, you also can customize the AutoCorrect entries through clickingbutton. See screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...