Sometimes when you copy and paste the contents that contain tables, figures and equations with captions from the website, the caption in the contents may be invalid, and the captions will only appear in the document as plain text. How do we convert the invalid caption text to captions? Here are some tips for you to convert all text to captions.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Word does not provide a direct way for us to convert text s to captions. We have no options but to convert text to caption step by step manually.
Step 1: Remove all invalid captions.
Step 2: insert new captions one by one
It is tedious and painful if the content you have copied from the website includes a lot tables, figures and equations captions. You have to spend much time to delete all original captions and insert new captions again.
Kutools for Word is a quite handy in converting text to captions for tables, figures and equations. You don’t need to spend much time in removing all the original captions nor need to insert the new captions again. Kutools for Word’s Rebuild Caption utility will help you convert all invalid caption texts with numbers to captions easily.
1. Take figure caption for example, please apply this utility by clicking Enterprise > Rebuild > Rebuild Figure Caption. See screenshot:
2. After you clicking Rebuild Figure Caption, there will display a dialog.
Note: Under Text with Number(Figure), if you check the Below box, it will convert all the text with number which are locating below the figures to figure captions. But if the text with number is above the figure, please check the Above box.
And if you want to convert the text with number by replacing it with system default caption style, please check the Covert to system caption under Using the text to rebuild figure caption box.
3. If you want to reset caption styles such as caption’s prefix or suffix and so on, you can click Caption Setup button to reset it. And finally click OK button to finish the setting.
4. When you clicking OK button in Rebuild Figure Caption dialog, you will see the result as shown in the below screenshots:
This is only an example about how to convert the text to captions for figures. Meanwhile, you can convert text to captions for tables and equations in the similar way.
For more detailed information about Rebuild Caption of Kutools for Word, please visit: Rebuild Caption description.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...