How to display/show or hide field codes in Word document?
Word insert field codes automatically when users use particular commands, and field codes are hidden by default. This tutorial will show you how to display and hide field codes in Word.
Step 1: click Tools menu > click Options
Step 2: click View tab, check the Field codes in Show group to display the field codes in document.
Step 1: in Word 2007, click Office icon , and then click Word Options;
in Word 2010/2013, click File tab , and then click Options.
Step 2: click Advanced, and then check Show field codes instead of their values to display field code in document.
After you have Kutools for Word installed, you can quickly show or hide field codes in document.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Enterprise > Display Settings. See screenshot:
2. In Display Setting dialog, check Field Codes box, then click Close. All field codes in current document are displayed. See screenshot:
For more information, please visit: quickly show field codes in Word.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...