Excel Formula: Create Weekly Date Range
Here is a given date, and you may want to create the weekly date as above screenshot shown based on the given date. In this tutorial, it provides a formula to quickly get the weekly date range in Excel.
If you want to follow along with this tutorial, please download the example spreadsheet.
|TEXT(start_date, "date_format")&" - "&TEXT(start_date+ROWS($A$1:A1)*7, "date_format")|
Syntaxt and Arguments
|Start_date:the date that starts a week.|
|Date_format:a date format that you want to display in the weekly date range.|
This formula returns a text value.
How this formula works
In cell C3 is the date that you want to create the weekly date range starting from, please use below formula:
|=TEXT(C2, "M/D/YYYY")&" - "&TEXT($C$2+ROWS($A$1:A1)*7, "M/D/YYYY")|
Press Enter key to get the date range.
ROWS function: returns the number of row. Here ROWS($A$1:A1)*7 returns 1*7.
And the formula $C$2+ROWS($A$1:A1)*7 gets the end date of the week, 5/10/2020.
TEXT function: converts number to a text in a specific text format. Here it converts the date to the text format M/D/YYYY, and you can change the format as you need.
-: connects the start date and end date to get the date range.
If you want to get a series of weeks based on the given date, you can do as below:
In cell C6, type below formula to get the start date of the first week:
In cell D6, type below formula to get the end date of the first week:
Then in cell E6, use below formula to create the date range of first week:
=TEXT(C6, "M/D/YYYY")&" - "&TEXT(D6, "M/D/YYYY")
Now the first week date range has been created. If you want to create the next week date range.
Please use below formula in cell C7 to get the first date of the second week:
Then select cell D6 and E6, drag auto fill handle down to cell E7 to fill the formulas, then the end date and the weekly date range of the second week have been created.
If you want to create more weekly date ranges, select range C7:E7, then drag auto fill handle down to get the weeks.
- Check if a date is workday
This tutorial provides a formula to to check a date if is a workday.
- Check two dates are in the same year month
To check if two dates in the same year month, you can use the formula in this tutorial.
- Create date range from two dates
This tutorial provides a formula with TEXT function to create a date range based on two dates in text format in Excel.
- Convert Weekday in A Date Range
If there is a list of dates, how can you count a certain day of week in such a list of dates?
- Excel WEEKNUM Function
Returns the week number of the given date in a year
- Excel WORKDAY Function
Adds workdays to the given start date and returns a workday
- Excel MONTH Function
The MONTH is used to get the month as integer number (1 to 12) from date
- Excel DAY Function
DAY function gets the day as a number (1 to 31) from a date
- Excel NOW Function
Get the current time and date
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel - Helps You To Stand Out From Crowd
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Reading and Editing in Microsoft Office (include Excel)
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.