Excel Formula: Get Month from Date
To get the month value shown as number (1-12) from a given date in Excel, you can use the MONTH function to handle it.
If you want to follow along with this tutorial, please download the example spreadsheet.
Syntaxt and Arguments
|Date: the date you want to get the month.|
The formula returns a numeric value 1-12.
How this formula works
To get the month value in the date of cell B3, please use the formula as below:
Or directly use the date
Press Enter key to get the month value.
MONTH function: gets the month as integer number (1 to 12) from date.
- Get day name from date
In this tutorial, it provides formulas to return the day name from the given date in Excel.
- Get fiscal year from date
This tutorial, it provides a formula to quickly find the fiscal year from a date in Excel
- Get day name from given date
This tutorial talks about how to use formula to get the day name such as Monday,Tuesday based on the given date.
- Create weekly date range
In this tutorial, it provides a formula to quickly get the weekly date range in Excel.
- Excel DATE Function
Create date with year, month and day
- Excel YEAR Function
Returns the year of date in 4-digit serial number format
- Excel MONTH Function
The MONTH is used to get the month as integer number (1 to 12) from date
- Excel DAY Function
DAY function gets the day as a number (1 to 31) from a date
- Excel NOW Function
Get the current time and date
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel - Helps You To Stand Out From Crowd
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Reading and Editing in Microsoft Office (include Excel)
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.