Excel ARABIC function
The Excel ARABIC function is used to convert roman numbers to Arabic numbers. For example, the formula =ARABIC(“XXIII”) returns 23.
Syntax and arguments
- Text: Required. A string enclosed in double quotation marks or a reference cell which contains the Roman numeral you need to convert to Arabic number.
The ARABIC function returns a arabic number based on the given roman number.
1. If the string is not a valid value, it returns the #VALUE! error value.
2. If the argument text is empty( =ARABIC("")), it returns 0.
3. The maximum length of text is 255 characters, so the largest number that ARABIC function can return is 255,000.
4. The ROMAN function is the opposite of ARABIC function.
Usage and Examples
Here list the basic usages of COS function in your daily work.
Case 1- Convert a roman number in a reference cell to Arabic number
A1 is the cell reference which contains the roman number that you want to convert to Arabic number.
Case 2- Directly use the roman number enclosed by double quotation marks as argument
"V" is the roman number you want to convert to Arabic.
Roman Number and Corresponding Arabic Number
|Roman Number ||Arabic Number |
|I ||1 |
|V ||5 |
|X ||10 |
|L ||50 |
|C ||100 |
|D ||500 |
|M ||1000 |
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.