Excel CHISQ.TEST function
The CHISQ.TEST function calculates the chi-squared distribution of two provided data sets (the observed and expected frequencies), which can be used to test the independence of two categorical variables.
Tips: To learn more about the chi-squared distribution, you can visit this page on Wikipedia.
Note: This CHISQ.TEST function is only available in Excel 2010 and later versions.
Actual_range (required): An array of observed frequencies used to test against the expected data.
Expected_range (required): An array of expected frequencies.
1. The #N/A error occurs if either:
-- Two supplied arrays have different numbers of cells;
-- Either of the two arrays contains only one cell.
2. The #NUM! error occurs when any of the values in the expected data range is negative;
3. The #DIV/0! error occurs when any of the values in the expected data range is zero;
4. The equation of the CHISQ.TEST
function is as follows.
Aij is the actual or observed frequencies in the i’th row and j’th column;
Eij is the expected frequencies in the i’th row and j’th column;
r is the number of rows;
c is the number of columns.
It returns a numeric value.
To calculate the chi-squared distribution of two provided data sets (the observed and expected data in the screenshot below), you can do as follows.
Select a cell to output the result, for example D13, enter the formula below and press the Enter key.
Excel CHISQ.INV function
The CHISQ.INV function calculates the inverse of the left-tailed probability of the chi-squared distribution.
Excel CHISQ.INV.RT function
The CHISQ.INV.RT function calculates the inverse of the right-tailed probability of the chi-squared distribution.
Excel CONFIDENCE.NORM function
The CONFIDENCE.NORM function uses a normal distribution to calculate the confidence interval for a population mean.
Excel CONFIDENCE.T function
The CONFIDENCE.T function uses a student’s distribution to calculate the confidence interval for a population mean.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
Please leave your comments in English