Excel COUPNUM Function
The COUPNUM function calculates the number of coupons payable between the settlement date and maturity date, and rounds the result up to the nearest whole coupon.
=COUPNUM(settlement, maturity, frequency, [basis])
- settlement (required): The settlement date of the security.
- maturity (required): The maturity date of the security.
- frequency (required): The frequency of the interest payments:
- frequency = 1, if paid annually;
- frequency = 2, if paid semi-annually;
- frequency = 3, if paid quarterly.
- basis (optional): The type of day count basis to use when calculating interest for the security (default = 0):
- basis = 0 or omitted, if day count = US (NASD) 30/360;
- basis = 1, if day count = Actual/actual;
- basis = 2, if day count = Actual/360;
- basis = 3, if day count = Actual/365;
- basis = 4, if day count = European 30/360.
The COUPNUM function returns a positive integer.
- COUPNUM will return the #VALUE! error if:
- settlement or maturity is not a valid date;
- frequency or basis is not a numeric value.
- COUPNUM will return the #NUM! error if:
- frequency is not the number 1, 2, or 4;
- basis < 0 or basis > 4;
- settlement ≥ maturity.
- All arguments are truncated to integers.
To get the number of coupon payments from the settlement date to maturity date as shown below, please copy or enter the formula below in a blank cell, and press Enter to get the result:
Or, use cell references to make the formula dynamic:
Excel COUPDAYBS Function
The COUPDAYBS function returns the number of days between the beginning of the coupon period and its settlement date.
Excel COUPDAYS Function
The COUPDAYS function returns the number of days in the coupon period including the settlement date.
Excel COUPDAYSNC Function
The Excel COUPDAYSNC function returns the calculated number of days from the settlement date to the next coupon date.
Excel COUPNCD Function
The Excel COUPNCD function is a build-in Financial Function. It returns the next coupon date after the settlement date.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
Please leave your comments in English