Excel COVAR Function
The COVAR function returns the covariance, the average of the products of deviations of two sets of values.
- array1 (required): The first range of numbers.
- array2 (required): The second range of numbers.
The COVAR function returns a numeric value.
- array1 and array2 must be numbers, or names, arrays or references that contain numbers.
- array1 and array2 must be equal in length. Otherwise, COVAR function returns #N/A error value.
- If array1 or array2 contains text(s) or logical values or empty cells, COVAR function will ignore them.
To calculate the covariance for each data point of the two arrays as shown in the table below, please copy or enter the below formula in the result cell (E6), and press Enter to get the result.
The Excel COVARIANCE.P function returns the population variance of two data sets which is used to determine the relationship between two data sets.
The Excel COVARIANCE.S function returns the sample variance of two data sets.
The CORREL function returns the correlation coefficient of two cell ranges, which can be used to determine the relationship between two properties.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel - Helps You To Stand Out From Crowd
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Reading and Editing in Microsoft Office (include Excel)
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.