Excel HOUR function
If you would like to return only hour numbers from a list of time cells as following screenshot displayed, the HOUR function in Excel can help you to solve this job. With the HOUR function, Excel will get hour number ranging from 0 to 23 based on the given time.
The syntax for the HOUR function in Excel is:
- Serial_number: The time value to extract the hour from. It can be a cell reference, string value or a decimal number, etc.
Return the hour as a number between 0 and 23 from a Time.
For returning the hour numbers from the given times, please enter the below formula, and you will get all hour numbers in 24-hour format as following screenshot shown.
Note: In the above formula, A2 is the cell contains the time you want to extract hour number from.
Tips: You can also replace the cell reference in the above formula with the time text string, such as:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings
300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save
80% time for you.
- Designed for
1500 work scenarios, helps you solve
80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by
50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.