Excel HYPGEOMDIST Function
The HYPGEOMDIST function returns the hypergeometric distribution, which is the probability of a given number of successes in the sample, given the sample size, number of successes in the population, and population size.
Note: The HYPGEOMDIST function has been replaced with HYPGEOM.DIST with improved accuracy. Although HYPGEOMDIST is still available in current versions of Excel, you should consider using the new function from now on, because HYPGEOMDIST may not be available in Excel’s future versions.
=HYPGEOMDIST(sample_s, number_sample, population_s, number_pop)
- sample_s (required): The number of successes in the sample.
- number_sample (required): The size of the sample.
- population_s (required): The number of successes in the population.
- number_pop (optional): The size of the population.
The HYPGEOMDIST function returns a numeric value.
- If any argument is not an integer, the HYPGEOMDIST will truncate it to an integer.
- HYPGEOMDIST returns the #VALUE! error value if any argument is non-numeric.
- HYPGEOMDIST returns the #NUM! error value if:
- Any of the argument is less than 0.
- number_sample > number_pop.
- population_s > number_pop.
To calculate the hypergeometric distribution for the given data as shown in the table below, please copy or enter the below formula in the result cell (D6), and press Enter to get the result.
Also, you can type the actual sample_s, number_sample, population_s, and number_pop values in the formula as shown below.
Excel NORM.S.INV Function
The NORM.S.INV calculates and returns the inverse of the standard normal cumulative distribution that has an arithmetic mean of 0 and standard deviation of 1 with a given probability.
Excel LOGNORM.DIST Function
The LOGNORM.DIST function calculates the lognormal distribution for a given value of x. We can use this function to analyze data that has been logarithmically transformed.
Excel LOGNORM.INV Function
The LOGNORM.INV function returns the inverse lognormal distribution for a given value of x. We can use the lognormal distribution to analyze data that has been logarithmically transformed.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
Please leave your comments in English