Excel IMSUB function
The IMSUB function returns the difference between two complex numbers, i.e., subtract the second complex number from the first one.
Note: A complex number is composed of a real coefficient and an imaginary coefficient. You can apply the COMPLEX function to convert real and imaginary coefficients to a complex number of the form x + yi or x + yj.
- inumber1 (required): The first complex number to subtract “inumber2” from.
- inumber2 (required): The second complex number to subtract from “inumber1".
1. The argument can be supplied as any of the following:
-- A real number whose imaginary part is 0, e.g., 1 is a complex number 1+0i; Or a purely imaginary number whose real part is 0, e.g., i is a complex number 0 + 1i;
-- A cell reference that refers to a complex number;
-- A complex number enclosed in double quotation marks.
2. The #VALUE! error occurs if any of the supplied arguments is a logical value.
3. The #NUM! error occurs if any of the supplied arguments cannot be recognized as a complex number.
4. The equation for the IMSUB function is as follows:
It returns a complex number as text.
In the following table, there are two lists of complex numbers. To get the difference between the two complex numbers in each row, you can apply the IMSUB function as follows.
Select a cell, such as D6 in this case, enter the formula below and press Enter to get the difference between the two complex numbers in the first row. Select this result cell and then drag its AutoFill Handle down to get other results.
1) In the formula above, arguments are provided as cell references that refer to complex numbers. Other than that, the complex numbers can be directly entered into the formula and need to be enclosed in double quotation marks. So, the formula in D6 can be changed to:
2) The IMSUB function accepts only lowercase “i” and “j”.
Excel COMPLEX function
The COMPLEX function converts real and imaginary coefficients to a complex number of the form x + yi or x + yj.
Excel IMABS function
The IMABS function gets the absolute value of a complex number in the form x + yi or x + yj.
Excel imaginary function
The IMAGINARY function gets the imaginary coefficient of a complex number in the form x + yi or x + yj.
Excel impower function
The IMPOWER function returns a complex number raised to a given power.
Excel improduct Function
The IMPRODUCT function returns the product of 1 to 255 complex numbers in x + yi or x + yj text format.
Excel BITAND function
The IMREAL function returns the real coefficient of a complex number in the form x + yi or x + yj.
Excel IMSUM function
The IMSUM function returns the sum of two or more complex numbers in x + yi or x + yj text format.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need is Just A Click Away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
Please leave your comments in English