Excel N Function
The N function converts a value to a number. The N function converts logical values TRUE and FALSE into 1 and 0 respectively.
The N function returns a number or error code.
- The N function use the following rules to convert a value to a number:
- If value is a number, the exact number will be returned.
- If value is a date, a serial number of the date will be returned.
- If value is a logical value True or False, 1 or 0 will be returned respectively.
- If value is an error value, the exact error value will be returned.
- If value is anything else, 0 will be returned.
- In most cases, it is unnecessary to use the N function, because Excel automatically converts values when needed. The N function is provided for compatibility with other spreadsheet programs.
- In Excel, dates are stored as sequential serial numbers so we can use them in calculations.
To convert the values provided in the table below to numbers, please do as follows.
1. Please copy the formula below into cell D4, then press the Enter key to get the result.
2.Select this result cell and drag its autofill handle down to get the rest of the results.
- We can also directly input a value in the formula. For example, the formula in cell D4 can be changed to:
Excel EVEN Function
The EVEN function rounds numbers away from zero to the nearest even integer.
Excel EXP Function
The EXP function returns the result of the constant e raised to the nth power.