Excel OCT2DEC Function
If you want to follow along with this tutorial, please download the example spreadsheet.
The Excel OCT2DEC function converts an octal number to a decimal number.
Syntax and arguments
The OCT2DEC function returns a decimal number.
Return #NUM! error if the argument number is > 777 or < 7777777000 or an invalid octal value.
Excel 2003 and later versions
Usage and Examples
There is a list of octal numbers placed in B:B10, to get the corresponding decimal numbers, please copy or enter the below formula to the next cell of the range:
Press Enter key and drag the auto-fill handle down to get all decimal numbers.
If you just use the formula once, you also can directly type arguments in the formula:
Excel OCT2BIN Function
The Excel OCT2BIN function converts an octal number to a binary number.
Excel BIN2HEX Function
The BIN2HEX function converts a binary number to a hexadecimal number.
Excel BIN2OCT Function
The BIN2OCT function converts a binary number to an octal number.
Excel HEX2DEC Function
The Excel HEX2DEC function converts a hexadecimal number to a decimal integer number.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel - Helps You To Stand Out From Crowd
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Reading and Editing in Microsoft Office (include Excel)
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.