Excel PI function
The PI function returns the number 3.14159265358979 of the mathematical constant called pi.
- This function has no arguments.
It returns a numeric value.
The examples below demonstrate how to use the PI function in Excel.
# Example 1
To return the result of pi, just enter the formula below into a cell (such as D6 in this case), and then press Enter.
# Example 2
To calculate the area of a circle with the radius provided in B9, you need to enter the following formula into a blank cell (such as cell D9 in this case), and then press Enter to get the result.
# Example 3
Cell D12 returns the result of multiplying pi by a number provided in cell B12 with the formula below:
# Example 4
The PI function can also be used to convert angle degrees to radians.
As shown in the screenshot below, in range B6:B14, there is a list of angel degrees, to convert these angle degrees to corresponding radians, you need to:
Select a blank cell, enter the following formula and press the Enter key to get the first result. Then drag its AutoFill Handle down to get the radians of other angle degrees.
Excel SQRTPI function
The SQRTPI function returns the square root of a supplied number multiplied by pi.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.
Please leave your comments in English