Excel PRODUCT function
The PRODUCT function calculates the product of cell values provides as arguments.
PRODUCT(number1, [number2], ...)
- Number1 (required): The first number or range to be multiplied;
- Number2,... (optional): The second and more numbers or ranges to be multiplied.
1. There can be up to 255 arguments at a time;
2. Numbers can be supplied in the arguments directly or as references in ranges;
3. The PRODUCT function only multiplies the numbers in the supplied array or reference, ignoring logic values, empty cells and text values;
4. The PRODUCT function is useful for multiplying cells in different ranges. Such as:
which is equivalent to:
=D6 * D7 * D8 * D9 * D10 * D11 * F6 * F7 * F8 * F9 * F10 * F11 * G6 * G7 * G8 * G9 * G10 * G11
It returns a numeric value.
As shown in the screenshot below, to multiply all numbers in each row and automatically ignore the empty cells and text values, you can apply the SUMPRODUCT to get it done easily.
1. Select a blank cell (here I select cell F7), copy or enter the formula below and press the Enter key to get the first result. Select this result cell and then drag its AutoFill Handle down to get the product of other rows.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
Please leave your comments in English