Excel SHEET Function
The SHEET function returns the index number of a reference sheet in Excel.
- Value (optional): The value to check, which can be the name of a sheet or a reference. When omitted, SHEET returns the index number of the current sheet.
The SHEET function returns a numeric value.
- The SHEET function includes hidden sheets in the numbering sequence.
- The #REF! error value occurs if the supplied value argument is not a valid reference.
- The #NA! error value occurs if the supplied value argument is a sheet name that is not valid.
- The SHEET function returns the numeric index of a sheet. The SHEETS function counts the number of sheets in a given reference.
As the below screenshot shows, there are four sheets in the workbook. To know the index number of each sheet, please do as follows:
1. In sheet5, please copy the formula below into cell D5, then press the Enter key to get the result.
=SHEET ( )
2.To know the rest of the results, please copy the formulas below into cell D6, D7, and D8, then press the Enter key to get the results.
=SHEET (Sheet4!A1 )
=SHEET (Sheet2!A1 )
- In the first formula above, the value argument is omitted. The formula returns the position of current Sheet5.
- In the second formula above, the value argument is cell A1 in Sheet4. It can also be any other cell, like B10 in Sheet4. Or value can also be “Sheet4”, which is the sheet name enclosed in double-quotes.
Excel EVEN Function
The EVEN function rounds numbers away from zero to the nearest even integer.
Excel EXP Function
The EXP function returns the result of the constant e raised to the nth power.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel - Helps You To Stand Out From Crowd
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Reading and Editing in Microsoft Office (include Excel)
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.