Excel STEYX Function
The STEYX function returns the standard error of the predicted y value for each x in a linear regression given by a series of coordinates represented by paired numbers.
- known_ys (required): An array or range of dependent variables.
- known_xs (required): An array or range of independent variables.
The STEYX function returns a numeric value.
- Arguments can be either of the following:
- Names, arrays, or references that contain numbers.
- Logical values and other values that can be converted to numbers that you type directly into the list of arguments will be counted.
- If text or empty cells are referenced as either of the arguments, the values will be ignored.
- STEYX returns the #N/A error if known_ys and known_xs have different numbers of data points.
- STEYX returns the #DIV/0! error if known_ys and known_xs are empty or have less than three data points.
- The equation for the standard error of the predicted y value is:
Where x and y are the sample means of the two arrays of values, and n is the sample size.
Take the table below as an example. To get the standard error of the predicted y-value for each x in the regression, please copy or enter the formula below in the result cell, and press Enter to get the result.
Excel SLOPE Function
The SLOPE function returns the slope of a regression line based on the supplied y values and x values. The slope is the ratio of rise and run, which means the vertical distance divided by the horizontal distance between any two points on the line.
Excel INTERCEPT Function
The INTERCEPT function calculates the point at which a linear regression line will intersect the y-axis by using the given x-values and y-values.
Excel FORECAST Function
The FORECAST function predicts a future value based on existing values by using the linear regression.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.