Excel T Function
The T function returns the text referred to by a value. When the value is a text or an error value, T function returns the exact text or error value. Otherwise, the function returns an empty text string. T function can be used to remove values that are not text.
The T function returns a text or an empty text string.
- In Excel, dates are stored as sequential serial numbers and logical value True or False is viewed as 1 or 0 respectively. So, like other numbers, they will be converted to empty text strings by the T function.
- In most cases, it is unnecessary to use the T function, because Excel automatically converts values when needed. The T function is provided for compatibility with other spreadsheet programs.
- The T function removes values that are not text. The N function removes values that are text.
To remove the numeric values from the data provided in the table below, please do as follows.
1. Please copy the formula below into cell D4, then press the Enter key to get the result.
2.Select this result cell and drag its autofill handle down to get the rest of the results.
- We can also directly input a value in the formula. For example, the formula in cell D4 can be changed to:
Excel EVEN Function
The EVEN function rounds numbers away from zero to the nearest even integer.
Excel EXP Function
The EXP function returns the result of the constant e raised to the nth power.