Excel TEXTJOIN Function
The Excel TEXTJOIN function joins multiple values from a row, column or a range of cells with specific delimiter.
=TEXTJOIN (delimiter, ignore_empty, text1, [text2], ...)
Delimiter (Required): The separator that is inserted between each combined text;
Ignore_empty (Required): Determine whether to ignore the empty cells;
- If TRUE, the empty cells will be ignored;
- If FALSE, the empty cells will be included.
Text1 (Required): The first text to be joined;
[Text2],… (Optional): The additional texts to be joined.
Concatenated text value
The TEXTJOIN is only available in Office 2019 and 365.
Join texts with certain delimiter ignoring or including empty cells
As the below screenshot shown, you want to join texts in different columns with comma and ignore or include all empty cells. Please do as follows.
Example 1: Join texts with comma ignoring empty cells
1. Select a blank cell (F3), copy the below formula into it to get the result.
2. Keep the result cell selecting, and drag the Fill Handle to apply the formula to other cells.
Example 2: Join texts with comma including empty cells
Select a blank cell, copy the below formula into it and then drag the Fill Handle to apply the formula to other cells to get all concatenated texts including empty cells. See below screenshot:
Excel SUBSTITUTE function
The Excel SUBSTITUTE function replaces text or characters within a text string with another text or characters..
Excel TEXT Function
The TEXT function converts a value to text with a specified format in Excel.
Excel TRIM Function
The Excel TRIM function removes all extra spaces from text string and only keeps single spaces between words.
Excel UPPER Function
The Excel UPPER function converts all letters of a given text to uppercase.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings
300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save
80% time for you.
- Designed for
1500 work scenarios, helps you solve
80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by
50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.