Excel TRUE function
The TRUE function is one of the logical functions in Excel, it returns the logical value TRUE. It is as the same as to entering the Boolean value TRUE directly in a formula. It is a compatibility function, always be used with other logical functions such as IF, ERROR, etc.
The syntax for the TRUE function in Excel is:
- 1. There are no parameters or arguments at the TRUE function. The function returns a value of TRUE.
- 2. It can be applied at Excel 2000 and later version.
- 3. For calculation purpose, TRUE is a number 1 and False is a number 0, they can be used for calculating, such as:
|TRUE+TRUE=2 ||FASE+TRUE=1 ||FALSE+FALSE=0 |
Return the logical value TRUE.
Example 1: Check if cell value is greater or less than a specific value
For example, I have a list of actual sales table of the products, now, I want to check if the actual sales exceed the target sales or not, see screenshot:
Please apply this formula, and then you will get TRUE if met the condition, if the condition is not met, a FALSE is returned, see screenshot:
Note: You can also enter the value TRUE directly into the formula as this: =IF(B2>300,TRUE).
Example 2: Compare if values in two adjacent cells are equal
To compare two adjacent cells if they are equal or not, the TRUE function can do this operation.
Please use the following formula, and you will get the result as below screenshot shown:
Note: You can also enter the value TRUE directly into the formula as this: =IF(A2=B2,TRUE).
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.