1. "select all" the data,
3. go to a "new sheet/workbook"
4. "right click" and "paste special - TRANSPOSE"
Kutools for Excel is a powerful add-in that frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Excel, such as combine sheets quickly, merge cells without losing data, paste to only visible cells, count cells by color and so on. 300+ powerful features / functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365!
It enables tabbed browsing, editing, and managing of Microsoft Office applications. You can open multiple documents / files in a single tabbed window, such as using the browser IE 8/9/10, Firefox, and Google Chrome. It's compatible with Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365. Demo
Kutools for Outlook is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Outlook users has to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365!
Kutools for Word is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Word users have to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Word / Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365!
Restores the old look and menus of Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365. Don’t lose time in finding commands on the new Ribbon. Easy to deploy to all computers in enterprises and organizations.
Sometimes, you may want to flip a column of data order vertically in Excel as the left screenshot shown. It seems quite hard to reverse the data order manually, especially for a lot of data in the column. This article will guide you to flip or reverse a column data order vertically quickly.
Using Sort command can help you flip a column of data in Excel with following steps:
1. Insert a series of sequence numbers besides the column. In this case, in insert 1, 2, 3…, 7 in Column B, then select B2:B12, see screenshot:
2. Click the Data > Sort Z to A, see screenshot:
3. In the Sort Warning dialog box, check the Expand the selection option, and click the Sort button.
4. Then you will see the number order of Column A is flipped. And you can delete or hide the Column B according to your needs. See the following screenshot:
This method is also applied to reversing multiple columns of data order.
Easily flip a column of date vertically with several clicks:
The Flip Vertical Range utility of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly flip a column of date vertically with only several clicks. You just need to select the range and enable the function to acheive it. Download Kutools for Excel Now! ( 30-day free trail)
If you know how to use a VBA code in Excel, you may flip / reverse data order vertically as follows:
1. Hold down the Alt + F11 keys in Excel, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
VBA: Flip / reverse a range data order vertically in Excel.
Sub FlipColumns() 'Updateby20131126 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range Dim Arr As Variant Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Arr = WorkRng.Formula For j = 1 To UBound(Arr, 2) k = UBound(Arr, 1) For i = 1 To UBound(Arr, 1) / 2 xTemp = Arr(i, j) Arr(i, j) = Arr(k, j) Arr(k, j) = xTemp k = k - 1 Next Next WorkRng.Formula = Arr End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run this macro, a dialog is popped up for you to select a range to flip vertically, see screenshot:
4. Click OK in the dialog, the range is flipped vertically, see screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can reverse the numbers order of columns with Flip Vertical Range tool quickly.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the column of date you will flip vertically, then click Kutools > Range > Flip Vertical Range > All / Only flip values. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to flip vaues along with cell formatting, plesae select the All option. For only flipping values, please select the Only flip values option.
Then the selected data in the column has been flipped vertically. See screenshot:
Tip: If you also need to flip data horizontally in Excel. Please try the Flip Horizontal Range utility of Kutools for Excel. You just need to select two ranges firstly, and then apply the utility to acheive it as below screenshot shown.
Then the selected ranges are flipped horizontally immediately.