Skip to main content
Support is Online
We're back! We are here to assist you. Please be patient, we will respond to your tickets shortly.
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Saturday, 23 June 2018
  1 Replies
  5K Visits
Votes
Undo
Well i appreciate your contribution and what you are giving to people, but im stuck in something about Excel.

My problem run like this:
After I have finished my work, i save it to my computer. And here is where my struggle begins! I want this doc excel file be accessed only from THIS computer. not being copy or moved by any USB or any other way.
Is there any way out to do such a thing?

I thought of putting a macro instead. I mean making up a VBA code, like : if username is My Name (for example) then Open file, if else Close.
So if someone else copies the file and open it from another computer, the moment the VBA code reads the username it wont open the file (because is another username).

Can you help me with the VBA code?

Or if there is any other way of not stealing it, can you show me a way what i can do?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely, Sem

Best regards!
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
This code allow the workbook to only be saved as itself.

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
If SaveAsUI Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox "Sorry, you can only save this workbook with its original name."
End If
End Sub

This code will allow be unsaved by any but those who know how (application.enableevents).

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel = True
MsgBox ("All File Save and File Save As commands in this sheet ONLY have been turned OFF. Pretty cool, huh??")
End Sub
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.