By keg600 on Thursday, 04 August 2022
Posted in Excel
Replies 2
Likes 0
Views 6.5K
Votes 0
Hello,
I'm pretty stumped on this one. the first TAB in the file shows how the data currently exports and that can't be changed. The second TAB shows how I need the data to look. I don't know the best and most efficient way to do this and appreciate any advice. If your tool will do this I will gladly buy it. :-)
Thank you!
Hi there,

Currently we don't have such a feature to directly do that for you. However, there is a workaround with Kutools' features (you can download and try it for free for 30 days):

1. Select the range 'How data currently exports'!$A$1:$I$7, then on the Kutools tab, click Range > Transpose Table Dimensions.
transpose.png

2. In the pop-up dialog, choose Cross table to list, and click the range-selection icon under the Results range section to select a cell where you want to output the result (here I created a new sheet and select the cell A1).
dialog.png

3. You will see the result as shown below. Now select the range C1:C48 and then on the Kutools tab, click Range > Transform Range.
result.png
transform.png

4. In the pop-up dialog, choose Single column to range. In the Fixed value box, enter 2. Once finished, click OK.
dialog2.png

5. Specify the output range in the next pop-up dialog (here I select D1). You will see the results as shown below.
result2.png

6. Delete the column B and C. Select column A and then click Select > Select Interval Rows and Columns.
interval.png

7. In the pop-up dialog, choose Rows. Under Options, set 1 for both interval and rows number. Once finished, click OK. (Do not check Select entire rows)
dialog3.png

8. Right-click on any of the selected cells, and then click Delete. In the pop-up dialog, select Shift cells up.
shift.png

9. Now you will see the result as shown below. You can add headers for the table.
final result.png
·
1 year ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks a ton for the help!
·