Friday, 31 August 2018
  6 Replies
  8.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hello, I have just downloaded KUTOOLS for excel 18. I have installed it however when I go to ‘Insert’, ‘List
all combinations’, I get ‘Initialization error 4’.

I’m not sure if it has to do with our McAfee anti-virus.

Do you have a link where we can download it? And avoid the
issue?

Thank you,
LorenzoD
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Can you use any other features of the software?
If no, please try to disable the antivirus software and then try your operation again.
Thanks in advance.
I am getting that same "Initialization Error 4" error as well. I cannot fully disable my AV software but I have excluded both the c:\program files(x86)\kutools directory and the c:\Users\username\app data\roaming\kutools directory to no avail.

Additionally, i have been able to use on other laptops in our company and have not had this same issue.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I initially installed with the MSI but then on the second install attempt i used the exe. This is with version 18.0. Please help.

Thanks,
Phil P
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please go to uninstall the Kutools for Excel from the Control Panel first.
And then please go to download and install the exe package. :)
Frustrating. KuTools has been working perfectly for the longest time and now I get this Initialization Error. I uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted Excel. Still have the same problem. And I've also added Excel to my Firewall exceptions.
hi Jay,

Same problem here, KT just started to show KTEMAI~1.dll error (previously, it showed the entire name... kemain32.dll ... hmm whatever that means).
Worked again after complete (but complete reinstall of Office 365). Previously, I had uninstalled and reinstalled Office, but i had forget some leftovers (plus, I had a bad mix).
Anyway, coming back to say if nothing else works, complete uninstall of Office 365 and reinstall of KT worked for me.
Which, obviously, is a clear indicator it's not a KT problem...
Sorry for the noise, guys!
Disable any anti-virus, I use MS office 2016 and it gives Microsoft office error 30034-4 and it got fixed by disabling the anti-virus.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.