Thursday, 15 November 2018
  2 Replies
  5.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi everyone. I am new to Kutools, but became interested in it in part because of its ability to find and fill in missing numbers in a sequence. I have tried that function with basic numbers (1, 2, 3, etc), but have thus far been unsuccessful in getting Kutools to find and insert missing dates and times in a sequence. Does anyone know if this is possible?

For context, I work in the solar industry and am responsible for generating production reports each month. Whenever there is a power outage or some random hole in the data, it causes chunks of time to be lost from the dataset. The missing timestamps will mess up our offset formulas that we use later on in our data handling process, so we have to find all of these "holes" ourselves through a multi-step process, which is is annoying and eats a lot of time.

The date/time format in the data downloads is yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm. So, if there is a hole in the dataset between, say "2018-10-11 18:20" and "2018-10-12 06:20", I'm looking for a way to add the missing rows and date/timestamps in between those values.

I greatly appreciate any instruction that can be provided, or even just confirmation if Kutools is unable to do this.

Thanks!

-John
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
It seems like our feature which cannot process your operation yet. We may need to enhance it in the upcoming versions.
Jay, thanks. I may be able to find some ways around this issue by writing scripts in GSheets, but it would be great if your team develops a native solution in Kutools. If that ever goes live, please let me know via this thread if possible.

Thanks again!
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.