By westeknd@gmail.com on Tuesday, 27 November 2018
Posted in Kutools for Excel
Replies 11
Likes 0
Views 5.9K
Votes 0
For the last 2 weeks, I have been unable to use Kutools 18.00. I have a valid license and everything, but when I enable the COM-Addin Excel crashes. (It shuts down completely or goes into a shudown and restore loop) Is this a bug that will be fixed soon?
The only workaround that seems to work is to keep Kutools DISABLED until I need to use a feature. Then I am able to activate it and do the task and disable it again before Excel gets too corrupted to stay open. I would like to be able to keep my add-on enabled. Please add this to the bug list.
·
5 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Exact same problem here, same version Kutools 18 and Excel 16.
Have been unable to work as expected with my legit licenced Kutools for a few weeks.
We need a fix to that soon!
·
5 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello,
Please try to contact us with your order information via sales@extendoffice.com.
Thanks in advance.
·
5 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I will contact you with this information, but what does that have to do with the issue? I can answer, nothing!
·
5 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello,
Please update to the latest version 19.00.
·
5 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello,
Please go to download and install the latest version 19.00
·
5 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello,
Please try to download and install the latest version. If want the support urgently, please contact us via email.
·
5 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello. I downloaded 19.00 and installed. Restarted Windows. Opened Excel and registered. Restarted again. Same result - crash if I try to open a file directly. If I open Excel, I can open a new blank document, but I cannot open an existing file without crashing.
·
5 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello,
Only one existing file or all existing files?
Where are those existing files? Have you stored them in the OneDrive local folder or Google Drive local folder?
Thanks.
·
5 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello. I downloaded 19.00 and installed. Restarted Windows. Opened Excel and registered. Restarted again. Same result - crash if I try to open a file directly. If I open Excel, I can open a new blank document, but I cannot open an existing file without crashing.

I am having the same issue. I had no problems with 18 but since I installed 19 I have to disable it to use Excel (16/365 64bit version). Opening an existing file (not just one - every one I've tried) will either freeze Excel on the splashscreen or the splashscreen will show "Opening: KutoolsforExcel.xlam (100%)" but will stay that way for as long as 5 minutes before opening.

If I am able to get into Excel it will freeze pretty quickly - especially when using cut&paste. When Kutools in disabled I don't have any problems.

When I first had problems after upgrading to Kutools 19 I uninstalled both Office and Kutools, deleted all folders and did a clean install. I still have the same problems.
·
5 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
·
5 years ago
·