Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Sunday, 05 November 2017
  8 Replies
  9.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
I am been having a problem with Kutools for Excel crashing when launching Excel 2016 and attempting to have multiple workbooks open. This problem has been consistent since I upgraded to Office 2016.
I have version 16.50 on my Windows 10 x64 OS.
When I launch Excel 2016. part way through loading the workbooks (as little as 2 or my usual 6 workbooks), Excel will freeze and not respond. I will shut down my computer and the next time I try to launch Excel I get the message to start Excel in "safe mode". This turns off KuTools in my COM add-ins. I can then go to my COM add-ins turn on KuTools and all my selected workbooks will load. The next time I start Excel the same thing happens. My only work around is to turn on KuTools once Excel launches, then make sure I turn it off before exiting. My other solution is to only have one workbook auto start and then open all the other workbooks one at a time.

If this makes sense to anyone, or if it is happening to anyone else I would love to hear any solutions that have fixed the problem.

I have reinstalled Office 2016 x64, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kultools 16.50. I have all the current Microsoft security updates installed.

Thanks for any suggestions
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Can you use any other functions of the Kutools for Excel?
1. Please try to disable all the other add-ins in your Excel add-ins manager.
2. Please contact us with your order information via or .
Thanks in advance.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have exactly the same problem as you & the same software. It seems that Microsoft changed Excel so that multiple windows are not able to open in one go ... although I am sure that until about 3 months ago I was still able to do this. The best I have managed is to open each file one at a time & wait for one to open & then open the next. They then all appear in a single Excel window. Previously I could highlight say 10 Excel files & click open & all opened in one window, but now if I do that Excel tries to open multiple times and so freezes my computer.

I have asked Kooltools for help with this & hope they can, as it is very annoying. I suspect it's those useless Microsoft numpties to blame, but hope Kooltools can create a workaround for this.

If you or anyone else finds a solution to this I'd love to know it.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
1. Please go to disable the Kutools for Excel in the Setting Center, and then go to check whether this issue persists?
2. If the issue does not persist after disabling the Kutools for Excel, please contact me with your order id or the email address you use to place the order via .
Thanks in advance.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Still no joy on this. .... I can't be the only one with this problem? If anyone else is suffering the same issues I'd love to hear how they solved it.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
If the issue does not persist after disabling the Kutools for Excel, please contact me with your order id or the email address you use to place the order via . We will fix it for you.
Thanks.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Still no joy, with or without add-ins disabled. This is obviously a stupid Microsoft issue (it seems). I hope Kutools/Office Tab might some day create an MDI option to overcome this.
I have also tried all the suggestions that Jay has recommended and I am still experiencing the same problems. Excel 2016 not responding when trying to load multiple workbooks. I have reduced the number of open workbooks to 3 and have had slightly fewer crashes (not enough to say its a workaround). Even with this, I still freeze up when the yellow row/column highlighter is turned on and I try to copy/paste large amounts of data. Kutools seems to be hit of miss on when Excel will quit responding. My only workaround to to hit the save all button before I do anything using Kutools. If I forget I will lock up and lose all the data that was imputed after the last save. Even auto-recovery in Excel won't always have all my data after a crash.

My first thought was maybe this could be a computer memory problem, but my resources show I have better then 50% available memory even with multiple Excel workbooks and/or programs running. I have used Kutools with all prior versions of Excel (2003,2007,and 2010) without any issues, this is exclusive to Excel 2016 only.
I hope someone figures this out before my 5 year license expires. I really do like all the features of Kutools and would hate to see Kutools go away because 2016 doesn't work with it. Unfortunately, I am forced to use Office 2016 because my current employer requires it so reverting back to 2010 is not an option.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
1. Please make sure you have installed the latest version.
2. Please contact me with your order information via , and we will try to fix it for you.
Thanks in advance.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.