Sunday, 03 April 2022
  4 Replies
  8.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
I have found an entry for "Replace Soft Returns To Hard Returns With Kutools For Word." It appears to be a global action, rather than something that can be targeted to a select section of text. (Also, the toolbar picture shown does not match my version of Kutools For Word version 10 so I cannot find the entry described. I found something like it under Convert but it is global in nature.) There are many people like myself that use "find and replace" in Word in a repetitive manner. While Word keeps what I do for a session it does not allow these actions to be saved to future sessions. It would be nice to be able to save find and replace actions from session to session. This would allow us to target our find and replace to specific text rather than a global "all or nothing" approach. Thank you.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Kevin,

--- It appears to be a global action, rather than something that can be targeted to a select section of text.
--- Sorry that you cannot target it to a selected section of text. However, you can find in only main document, header, comment, etc. See screenshot:
find section.png

--- While Word keeps what I do for a session it does not allow these actions to be saved to future sessions.
--- With the featre Batch Find and Replace, you can save the find and replace setting senario by clicking the Save button, and apply that to the future creating documents (find the senario in Manege circled in screenshot below). Also, you can find and replace among multiple documents as well as other files (including txt, htm and html files) with one click.
save senario.png

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Amanda
Amanda,

Thank you for your reply. What I was suggesting, what I was hoping to see in a future release was the ability to not have a whole document or a header or footer etc. affected by the search and replace but to have the change less global and then be able to save that for future use. For example, if I want only three paragraphs of a 20-page document, which have line breaks in them, to be changed to paragraph marks I can highlight the paragraphs and use find and replace to fix that. I do not want all 20 pages to be affected, just the area selected. Now If I do something like this find and replace five days per week, 52 weeks per year I have to recreate the find and replace search string each day, 260 times per year. The Batch Find and Replace is great, IF you want the whole document affected. The problem is, if you are doing something LESS than the whole document but doing it REPETITIVELY there is no way to save a find and replace string after you shut down Word each day. The tools you have are great if you want to cover the whole document, but less global but still repetitive actions are not addressed. That was the basis of my suggestion. I hope you will consider this for the future. Thank you again for your reply.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Amanda,

Thank you for your reply. What I was suggesting, what I was hoping to see in a future release was the ability to not have a whole document or a header or footer etc. affected by the search and replace but to have the change less global and then be able to save that for future use. For example, if I want only three paragraphs of a 20-page document, which have line breaks in them, to be changed to paragraph marks I can highlight the paragraphs and use find and replace to fix that. I do not want all 20 pages to be affected, just the area selected. Now If I do something like this find and replace five days per week, 52 weeks per year I have to recreate the find and replace search string each day, 260 times per year. The Batch Find and Replace is great, IF you want the whole document affected. The problem is, if you are doing something LESS than the whole document but doing it REPETITIVELY there is no way to save a find and replace string after you shut down Word each day. The tools you have are great if you want to cover the whole document, but less global but still repetitive actions are not addressed. That was the basis of my suggestion. I hope you will consider this for the future. Thank you again for your reply.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward it to our development team. And I really appreciate the details you shared with me.

Thanks again,
Amanda
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.