Skip to main content
Support is Online
We're back! We are here to assist you. Please be patient, we will respond to your tickets shortly.
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Monday, 19 November 2018
  1 Replies
  5.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
Please can I ask for a little help finishing this formula. It works fine until it bumps into a cell containing #N/A. I have two columns A & B, A is a date range and B contains data which I need to add up for a given date range. In the example I am giving I am asking for the sum of data from June 2017. The answer should be 1, but I am getting is 4.

The formula:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A2:A500)=6)*(YEAR(A2:AA500)=2017)*(SUMIF(B12:B15,"<>#n/a")))
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Mark,

I suggest changing your formula completely and adding in a couple search parameters to correctly identify how many hits you have against a certain month within a certain year.

I assume the first date in column A exists in Cell A2.

First, identify 4 blank cells in row 1 and a blank column which you can utilise - for this example let’s use C1, D1, E1, F1 and Column C as the blank column.

In C1, enter in the formula =SUM(C2:C500)
In D1, enter the year you are searching for - i.e. 2017
In E1, enter the month in text you are searching for - i.e. June
In F1, enter in the formula =MONTH(1&LEFT(E1,3)) - this will return the month you have entered in E1 as the month number.

Change your formula in Cell B2 to read =IFERROR((ORIGINAL_FORMULA_IN_CELL_B),"") – this should get rid of the annoying #N/A within cells. Drag down to end of data

Now in column C, beginning at C2, enter in the formula =IF(B2="","",IF(AND(MONTH(A2)=$F$1,YEAR(A2)=$D$1),B2,"")) – This will return the value in column B only if the date in column A meets the requirements of the year and month you have entered into Cell D1 and E1. Drag column C down to the end of data.

Cell C1 will now sum up all values within column C for the desired month and year.

Conversely, if you don’t want an additional column, enter into Cell B2 and drag down the formula:
=IF(IFERROR((ORIGINAL_FORMULA_IN_CELL_B),"")="","",IF(AND(MONTH(A2)=$F$1,YEAR(A2)=$D$1),B2,""))

In B1, enter the formula =SUM(B2:B500), and this will return the sum of all values within column B.

Hope that helps - Marty
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.