Skip to main content
Support is Online
We're back! We are here to assist you. Please be patient, we will respond to your tickets shortly.
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Saturday, 08 December 2018
  0 Replies
  3K Visits
Votes
Undo
I frequently work with survey data in Excel. The data is usually contained within 3 columns but can include thousands of rows. Within these rows, there are generally two or three separate but repeated blocks of information. They are really meant represent separate data tables for each question and shouldn't be sharing the same columns. That's how the information is delivered to me though, unfortunately. In some of the blocks, I keep all the information from each of the three columns. In others, I only need the range of data from one particular column.

I typically remove the unnecessary information via a bunch of Find+All commands. Once I have reduced the file to the bare essentials, I'm left with only text in column A and all of my numerical statistics in columns B & C. Since the questions or open responses don't have numerical data to go with them, these rows often have blank cells in columns B & C; however, since both often contain longer text strings, what I'd like to be able to do is run a macro that checks for blank cells in columns B & C and merges them with the content in column A to utilize that empty space.

I have little to no experience with this stuff, so I'm not even sure if that's a realistic request. Ultimately, I have to integrate all the data into Microsoft Word where I format it to fit within a larger document. Removing these empty cells would make that process a bit more seamless.

Your insights are greatly appreciated.
There are no replies made for this post yet.