Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Sunday, 09 February 2020
  1 Replies
  5K Visits
Votes
Undo
Good morning,
My name is Bill Johnston. Today I downloaded the following Excel Code VBA procedure from your website:
https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/4838-excel-copy-rows-based-on-date.html#a2

How to copy rows and paste to another sheet based on date selection criteria in Excel? Supposing, I have a range of data, now, I want to copy the entire rows based on a specific date and then paste them into another sheet.
http://www.extendoffice.com
Customer Problem Description:
I installed it on my computer and I ran a test on your Extend Office supplied VBA code using your Extend Office supplied test data. When I ran it on my Windows 10 computer, running MS Excel 2010, the result was that the VBA code did execute; however, it did not work, because absolutely nothing happened. This VBA code is supposed to copy and paste rows of data based on date selection criteria dialog boxes. 

The Excel data and VBA code that I used is attached to this email. If you run this VBA code against this data you will see what I mean i.e. nothing happens.
The problem is that I do not understand why it is not working.  I suspect the code may not be recognizing the date format in the date column of the worksheet, but for the life of me, I am completely baffled as to why? 

Thank you very much.
Bill Johnston
07840 163288
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Solution 1: Restart the Excel File
In many cases simply restarting the Excel file solves Excel copy paste not working error.
So before trying the below-given solution save the Excel workbook > close Excel and the Open the Excel file.
Now check if you are able to copy and paste data without error.
Solution 2: Check the Merge Cell
Very firstly, check does your data have merged cells? As the main reason behind this Excel not pasting data correctly issue is because you can’t paste data from a merged cell range into a non-merged cell range.
So, to resolve Excel not pasting data properly issue, choose the data > click on Merge and Center to toggle it off > try the copy the data again.
Or selecting the data > choose to unmerge cells > and then copy > now you are able to paste data into other cells.
Solution 3: Disable Macro Express Application
Well, this is a working solution that helps the users to resolve Excel Cannot Paste the Data error.
Macro Express is a Windows-based application, this permits the users to record, edit, and playback mouse and keyboard macros. Running the Macros Express program in the background generates Excel copy paste not working properly like issues.
So simply check for the background running programs in your Windows OS and disable the Macro Express.
Doing this will help you to troubleshoot cannot paste error in Excel.
Solution 4: Restart the PC in Clean Boot State
If none of the above-given solutions helps you to fix Excel cannot paste the data error, then this means your Excel file is dealing with any kind of corruption.
So here it is recommended to try restarting the system in the clean-boot state and check whether the error is fixed or not.
Follow the complete steps to clean boot your Windows PC: How to perform a clean boot in Windows
Solution 5: Make Use Of The Automatic Repair Utility
Make use of the professional recommended  MS Excel Repair Tool to repair corrupt, damaged as well as errors in Excel file. This tool allows to easily restore all corrupt excel file including the charts, worksheet properties cell comments, and other important data. With the help of this, you can fix all sorts of issues, corruption, errors in Excel workbooks.
This is a unique tool to repair multiple Excel files at one repair cycle and recovers the entire data in a preferred location. It is easy to use and compatible with both Windows as well as Mac operating systems. This supports the entire Excel versions and the demo version is free.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.