Skip to main content
Support is Online
We're back! We are here to assist you. Please be patient, we will respond to your tickets shortly.
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Saturday, 16 May 2020
  1 Replies
  5.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
Struggling with how to explain this so bear with me plz...

I have multiple workbooks with the same basic set of sheets in them. Each sheet is named the same for each workbook. While using the Combine feature for 'like named' sheets, I can get it to grab each sheet from each workbook and combine them into one set of sheets in one workbook. 

The issue I am having is each set of sheets may not have the exact same number of columns in it. Sheet1 in WB1 may have 12 columns and sheet1 in WB2 may have 10 columns. The function is combining the sheets and listing all 12 columns but at some point when it moves from one workbook to the next, the data ceases to line up in the correct columns.

Thoughts on what I am missing?

Visual to help explain what I am seeing
WB1:Sheet1
Column1Column2Column3Column4
Data1Data2Data3Data4

WB2:Sheet1 (no Column3/Data3)
Column1Column2Column4
Data1Data2Data4

Desired State:
CombinedWB:Sheet1
Data1Data2Data3Data4
Data1Data2Data4

Actual State:
CombinedWB:Sheet1
Data1Data2Data3Data4
Data1Data2Data4

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
If there are just a couple of workbooks need to be combined, you can use the Move or Copy command to manually move or copy worksheets from the original workbook to the master workbook.
1. Open the workbooks which you will merge into a master workbook.
2. Select the worksheets in the original workbook that you will move or copy to the master workbook.
Notes:
1). You can select multiple non-adjacent worksheets with holding the Ctrl key and clicking the sheet tabs one by one.
2). For selecting multiple adjacent worksheets, please click on the first sheet tab, hold the Shift key, and then click the last sheet tab to select them all.
3). You can right click on any sheet tab, click on Select All Sheets from the context menu to select all worksheets in the workbook at the same time.
3. After selecting the needed worksheets, right click the sheet tab, and then click Move or Copy from the context menu.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.