sticky Office Tab Stopped Working

More
1 year 6 months ago #1380 by torquemada
Replied by torquemada on topic Same Issue: Office Tab Stopped Working
"Disabling Bitdefender's advanced threat defense entirely allows office tab to run. However, excepting the four .exe's in the office tab directory doesn't work if advanced trheat defense is running. The solution I found was to add the office executables (winword.exe, excel.exe, powerpt.exe) to the exception list. On my system they are found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16. All is well."

This approach works also for me
thank you paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: qiuhongkun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #1352 by qiuhongkun
Replied by qiuhongkun on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Thanks for your feedback.
First of all, our software is completely safe. We recommend you to use the online antivirus software to scan our software. VirusTotal

We are also working with the antivirus software company to work on this issue. And we will release new versions soon.

More
1 year 7 months ago #1349 by zavjah
Replied by zavjah on topic Office Tab Stopped Working

Bret wrote: Is there any other workaround that can be done if you do not have access to your antivirus settings to add an exception for Office and Office Tab executables? My company recently started using McAfee Endpoint Security and the company manages the settings and policies and do not allow users to add exceptions.

In my company we use McAfee and also centralized management of setting so there is no way for a single user to modify a thing here. I also think that it cannot be that a software only works if I must disable protection of most vulnerable programs such as office on my computer.

More
1 year 7 months ago #1320 by wwk
Replied by wwk on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
I too recently switched to Bitdefender and the fixes below worked (including adding Office apps to exception list). Thanks to you all for troubleshooting it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: qiuhongkun

More
1 year 7 months ago #1318 by Steadman
Replied by Steadman on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Is there any other workaround that can be done if you do not have access to your antivirus settings to add an exception for Office and Office Tab executables? My company recently started using McAfee Endpoint Security and the company manages the settings and policies and do not allow users to add exceptions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zavjah

More
1 year 7 months ago #1317 by AZMoosie
Replied by AZMoosie on topic Same Issue: Office Tab Stopped Working
All, having just experienced this problem I can say that 'all is not well'.

The primary function of 'A/V' products is to protect the system and your personal data. Circumventing protection software is a direct vector into the system. I tried to temporarily disable Bitdefender Total Security's Advanced Threat Detection facility but I still received the Init Error 4, so that solution does not work. Then I enabled the protection and proceeded to add WINWORD.EXE to the empty exception list, but still got the error. So I closed out of Word and then restarted it. I was then able to add or close tabs. I went through the same process with Excel and finally achieved the same result. Now I have two critical applications (highly targeted by malware gurus) unprotected.

This is far from an ideal solution. I respectfully suggest that Detong Technology (ExtendOffice) work with Bitdefender and other security software providers to develop a far more secure resolution to this problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: qiuhongkun, zavjah

Moderators: jaychivoExcelfansqiuhongkun