How to create a Pivot Table from Text file in Excel?
Normally, Pivot Table is created based on the data in an existing worksheet. However, do you know how to create a Pivot Table from a Text file in Excel? This article will show you a method of creating a Pivot Table from a Text file in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can import the text file data into the worksheet firstly, and then create Pivot Table with the imported data. Please do as follows.
1. Click Data > From Text. See screenshot:
2. Then a Microsoft Excel Security Notice dialog box pops up, please click the OK button.
3. In the Import Text File window, select the TXT file you will create Pivot Table based on, and then click the Import button.
4. In the first Text Import Wizard, select the Delimited option and click the Next button.
5. In the second wizard, select the delimiter your TXT file data contains, and then click the Next button.
6. In the last wizard, click the Finish button.
7. In the Import Data dialog box, select where to place the imported data and then click the OK button.
8. Now all data in selected text file is imported to worksheet, please select the data and click Insert > PivotTable.
9. In the Create PivotTable dialog box, choose where to place the Pivot Table and click the OK button.
10. Then the PivotTable Fields pane displays on the right side of worksheet, after choosing the fields to add to report, you can see the Pivot Table is created as below screenshot shown.
- How to combine multiple sheets into a pivot table in Excel?
- How to filter Pivot table based on a specific cell value in Excel?
- How to link Pivot Table filter to a certain cell in Excel?