Quickly convert cell formulas to text strings in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In Excel, when you enter a formula, you will get a result value. But, sometimes, you want to display the formula results as the text strings in the worksheet cells. For example, I enter a formula =A1+A2-A3 into a cell, and I will get a result value, now I would like to convert the result value to this text string =A1+A2-A3 in Excel. With our Kutools for Excel’s Convert Formula to Text utility, you can convert cell formulas to text strings with only one click.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools >> Content >> Convert Formula to Text, see screenshot:
If you are in widescreen, click Kutools >> Conversion >> Convert Formula to Text, see screenshot:
1. Select the formula range that you want to convert the formulas to text strings.
2. Then apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Content > Convert Formula to Text(or click Kutools > Conversion > Convert Formula to Text), and all the formula results have been changed to the text strings. See screenshots:
1. This function supports undo;
2. If you want to convert the text strings to real formulas, you can visit Convert Text to Formula feature.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.