Quickly convert text string to formula in Excel
Supposing, there are multiple text strings such as =A1*0.88 which looks like formula, but displayed as text in your worksheet, and now, you need to convert theses text strings to real formulas. Normally, you apply the code to solve this problem, however, with the feature Convert Text to Formula of Kutools for Excel, you can change all of the text strings to formulas quickly and easily.
Office Tab Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier...
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2021 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Kutools >> Conversion >> Convert Text to Formula, see screenshot:
Note: If you have shifted the Toolbar Mode of Kutools to Narrow, please click Kutools > Content > Convert Text to Formula. See screenshot:
1. Select the range of cells that you want to convert the text strings to real formulas.
2. Apply this feature by clicking Kutools > Conversion > Convert Text to Formula, and all of the text strings have been converted to the real formulas at once. See screenshots:
1. This utility supports Undo;
2. If you want to convert the formulas to text strings back, you can visit Convert Formula to Text feature.
Demo: Quickly convert cell formulas to text strings and vise versa
Kutools for Excel
includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in 30 days. Download and Free Trial Now
Productivity Tools Recommended
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?Office Tab
: Using handy tabs in your Office
, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.Kutools for Excel
: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel
2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.