How to add chapter title to header or footer in Word document?
Normally, you can insert the header or footer with document path, name quickly and easily in a Word file. But, have you ever tried to insert the chapter title to header or footer, so that, the content of the header or footer is depended on what chapter the page is in. This article, I will talk about how to solve this job in Word document.
To insert each chapter title to header or footer, you can use the Quick Parts feature to achieve it, please do as this:
1. Firstly, you should apply a paragraph style to the chapter title that you want to insert as header or footer, in this example, my chapter title is styled as Heading 1, see screenshot:
2. Then click Home > Header / Footer, and choose one header or footer style, see screenshot:
3. And then, click Quick Parts > Field under the Design tab, see screenshot:
4. In the popped out Field dialog box, do the following operations:
- (1.) Select Links and References from the Categories drop down list;
- (2.) In the Field names list box, please choose StyleRef option;
- (3.) And then, find and select Heading 1 which is your chapter style you created from the Style name list box.
5. After finishing the settings, please click OK button, and now, the chapter title has been inserted into the header or footer, see screenshot:
1. If there's more than one Heading 1 on one page, only the first appeared one will be inserted into the header or footer.
2. The header or footer will be changed automatically when the chapter title is changing.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago¿Es posible agregar un encabezado en la ultima pagina de un documento de word? es decir, si el documento aumenta en paginas, que el encabezado se vaya recorriendo a la ultima página.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago¿Es posible configurar un encabezado en la ultima página de un documento? es decir, conforme el documento vaya creciendo, el encabezado se vaya recorriendo a la ultima página de forma automática.