Tip: Other languages are Google-Translated. You can visit the English version of this link.
x
or
x
x
Register
x

or

Office Tab Stopped Working

More
1 month 1 week ago #1439 by John Traynor
Replied by John Traynor on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Nico, I don't understand what you mean by "I blocked Bitdefender". This is from my post almost a month ago:

"My Bitdefender Advanced Threat Defense is enabled, as it should be. I placed Word and Excel (all I need) executables in the exception list so that Office Tabs function. Still not the best solution because the MS Office apps are always a huge target for malware; those apps should be protected. A better solution is STILL necessary, one that does not expose the Office apps."

I made sure none of my Office apps were running when I added Word and Excel to Bitdefender's Advanced Threat defense Exception list. If, for some odd reason this does not work for you, you may want to restart the system and then try opening one of the apps again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay Chivo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #1427 by Jay Chivo
Replied by Jay Chivo on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Hello,
Do you mean the problem persists after disabling the Bitdefender? Please restart the system and then reinstall the software.

BTW, the windows defender will block the add-in too.

Thanks in advance.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1399 by Nico Griesbaum
Replied by Nico Griesbaum on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Hi, I'm running Office 365 32bit on Windows 1809 64bit. I am using Bitdefender. I installed v13.1 and get the Initialization 4 error same as the other users on this page. I blocked Bitdefender, reinstalled v13.1, no change. Please let me know what I can do to make it work.

More
2 months 14 hours ago #1389 by John Traynor
Replied by John Traynor on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
My Bitdefender Advanced Threat Defense is enabled, as it should be. I placed Word and Excel (all I need) executables in the exception list so that Office Tabs function. Still not the best solution because the MS Office apps are always a huge target for malware; those apps should be protected. A better solution is STILL necessary, one that does not expose the Office apps.

More
2 months 2 days ago #1380 by dhellin
Replied by dhellin on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
"Disabling Bitdefender's advanced threat defense entirely allows office tab to run. However, excepting the four .exe's in the office tab directory doesn't work if advanced trheat defense is running. The solution I found was to add the office executables (winword.exe, excel.exe, powerpt.exe) to the exception list. On my system they are found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16. All is well."

This approach works also for me
thank you paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay Chivo

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1352 by Jay Chivo
Replied by Jay Chivo on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Thanks for your feedback.
First of all, our software is completely safe. We recommend you to use the online antivirus software to scan our software. VirusTotal

We are also working with the antivirus software company to work on this issue. And we will release new versions soon.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: jaychivoJay Chivo