Tip: Other languages are Google-Translated. You can visit the English version of this link.
x
or
x
x
Register
x

or

Office Tab Stopped Working

More
2 months 1 week ago #1349 by timeneznas forumi
Replied by timeneznas forumi on topic Office Tab Stopped Working

Bret wrote: Is there any other workaround that can be done if you do not have access to your antivirus settings to add an exception for Office and Office Tab executables? My company recently started using McAfee Endpoint Security and the company manages the settings and policies and do not allow users to add exceptions.

In my company we use McAfee and also centralized management of setting so there is no way for a single user to modify a thing here. I also think that it cannot be that a software only works if I must disable protection of most vulnerable programs such as office on my computer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1320 by William Kelly
Replied by William Kelly on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
I too recently switched to Bitdefender and the fixes below worked (including adding Office apps to exception list). Thanks to you all for troubleshooting it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay Chivo

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1318 by Bret
Replied by Bret on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Is there any other workaround that can be done if you do not have access to your antivirus settings to add an exception for Office and Office Tab executables? My company recently started using McAfee Endpoint Security and the company manages the settings and policies and do not allow users to add exceptions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: timeneznas forumi

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1317 by John Traynor
Replied by John Traynor on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
All, having just experienced this problem I can say that 'all is not well'.

The primary function of 'A/V' products is to protect the system and your personal data. Circumventing protection software is a direct vector into the system. I tried to temporarily disable Bitdefender Total Security's Advanced Threat Detection facility but I still received the Init Error 4, so that solution does not work. Then I enabled the protection and proceeded to add WINWORD.EXE to the empty exception list, but still got the error. So I closed out of Word and then restarted it. I was then able to add or close tabs. I went through the same process with Excel and finally achieved the same result. Now I have two critical applications (highly targeted by malware gurus) unprotected.

This is far from an ideal solution. I respectfully suggest that Detong Technology (ExtendOffice) work with Bitdefender and other security software providers to develop a far more secure resolution to this problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay Chivo, timeneznas forumi

More
3 months 1 day ago #1301 by Mike G
Replied by Mike G on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Adding the office apps to bitdefender exceptions worked for me too.

More
3 months 1 day ago #1300 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Disabling Bitdefender's advanced threat defense entirely allows office tab to run. However, excepting the four .exe's in the office tab directory doesn't work if advanced trheat defense is running. The solution I found was to add the office executables (winword.exe, excel.exe, powerpt.exe) to the exception list. On my system they are found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16. All is well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike G, Jan W, Nico Griesbaum

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: jaychivoJay Chivo