Kutools for Excel is a powerful add-in that frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Excel, such as combine sheets quickly, merge cells without losing data, paste to only visible cells, count cells by color and so on. 300+ powerful features / functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365!
It enables tabbed browsing, editing, and managing of Microsoft Office applications. You can open multiple documents / files in a single tabbed window, such as using the browser IE 8/9/10, Firefox, and Google Chrome. It's compatible with Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365. Demo
Kutools for Outlook is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Outlook users has to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365!
Kutools for Word is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Word users have to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Word / Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365!
Restores the old look and menus of Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365. Don’t lose time in finding commands on the new Ribbon. Easy to deploy to all computers in enterprises and organizations.
Control chart, also known as Shewhart chart or process-behavior chart, is widely used to determine if a manufacturing or business process is in a state of statistical control. This tutorial introduces the detailed steps about creating a control chart in Excel.
For example, you have below base data needed to create a control chart in Excel .
Now please follow the steps to finish a control chart.
1. Firstly, you need to calculate the mean (average) and standard deviation. Select a blank cell next to your base data, and type this formula =AVERAGE(B2:B32), press Enter key and then in the below cell, type this formula =STDEV.S(B2:B32), press Enter key.
Note: In Excel 2007, please enter this formula =STDEV(B2:B32) to calculate the standard Deviation. In the above formulas, B2: B32 is the base data range.
2. Then go to the Control Line column, and in the first cell below the header, cell C2, type this formula =$H$1 (cell $H$1 is the average result), and drag the fill handle to fill the data range you need.
3. In the first cell below Up Control Line column, cell D2, type this formula =$H$1+($H$2*3) ($H$1 is the average result and $H$2 is the standard deviation result), then drag the auto fill handle to the range you need.
4. Under Below Control Line column, type =$H$1-($H$2*3) ($H$1 is the average result and $H$2 is the standard deviation result), then drag the auto fill handle to the range you need.
Now you can insert a chart.
5. Select Date and Sample Measure columns and click Insert > Line > Line to insert a line chart. See screenshot:
6. Then right click on the line chart and click Select Data from context menu.
7. In the Select Data Source dialog, click Add button, then in the Edit Series dialog, select Control Line as the Series Name, and select the relative data into the Series values text box.
8. Click OK, then repeat step 7 to add Up Control Line and Lower Control Line as the series in the Legend Entries (Series) section.
9. Click OK to exit the dialog, now a control chart is created.
Advanced Charts Tool
The Charts Tool in Kutools for Excel provides some usually used but difficult creating charts, which only need to click click click, a standard chart has been created. More and more charts are going to included in Charts Tool.. Click for full-featured 30 days free trial!
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
This is not Shewharts method. This is an incorrect method of calculating control limits. Global standard deviation should not be used as shown in this tutorial. Instead we should use estimated standard deviation based on Moving range and the appropriate statistical constant (1.128). Sigma = MR/1.128.
When we use global sample standard deviation, almost ALL of the data points will always fall within control limits until we have a very large data set. This is not ideal in practice.